Friday, September 14, 2007

Featured Artist - Studio 13 Designs






{About the Artist}
My name is Nikki and I am a working Mom to a terrific son and wife to a wonderful husband who both fully support my paper addiction and are my biggest fans! I have been scrapbooking, card making and altering items for about 6 years. I began this hobby because my sister had a stamp party and I said "Sure I'll come"...never expecting to buy a ton of stuff and fall completely in love with the hobby! I now do this in my spare time, pretty much all of my spare time!! It is a wonderful, relaxing hobby and allows me to de-stress after a long day! There's nothing like creating something that literally puts a smile on your face when you have finished.

My style, has changed dramatically over the years, I started with very simple, straight-line art and am now for the most part shabby chic. I feel I have really found my niche with all things vintage and shabby. However I do create outside of the box once in awhile and come up with other pieces that I really enjoy. I would never have considered myself an artist, but am referred to as one quite often by my friends and customers. And in some way, shape or form, I guess art has always been a part of my life. The more I grow when it comes to my creations, the happier I am!

Most of the items I make are sold on Ebay and Etsy. However, I do a lot of custom work because I really enjoy the personal side of this business. I love to create just the right thing for someone and seeing the look on their face when they receive it. My creations are also sold in a local upscale boutique in town.

I was honored that Amy asked me to be a part of Aged Vintage Papier and am looking forward to getting to know all those who come aboard and share in this wildly fun, crazy and completely addicting hobby!

~Nikki~

{Shop Details}

To purchase Nikki's Work please head over to her fabulous shop
Studio 13 Designs here!
I have personally known Nikki through a fabulous art group... she has such a sweet kind spirit! I absolutely love this album that she meticulously handcrafted. It is oozing with vintage bliss...it is almost as if it was pulled off the shelf of an old Victorian home. I wish I could get my hands on this to discover all of it's hidden treasures....what secrets does it reveal?
Nikki has a unique style all of her own and she is ever changing, only to get better and better at pulling unique pieces together to create a Vintage Shabby Work of Art! To see this album up closer, Nikki has a fabulous slide show on her Studio 13 Designs Blog.
Blessings and have a wonderful weekend!
Amy