Sunday, November 18, 2007

{ Featured Artist - BrandyWine Boutique }





{ About the Artist }


My name is Brandy Faulkner. I live in Abilene, Texas. I am so happy to be a part of Aged Vintage Papier. Its nice to know I am not the only vintage paper junky out there. I have been married 3 years to my best friend. I have a son (Keegan) who is 8 and two step sons who are 7 (Zack) and 4 (Brennan). I am a stay at home mom. I love vintage papers, ephemera, old photos, books, and little paper memories people leave behind. I also love grungy buttons, rusted metal, old lace, and ribbons. I go junking on a weekly basis.

I have only been doing paper crafts and art since May of this year. I have always “made” everything when it came to birthday parties, our wedding, and holidays. All my friends and family were telling me I was really creative and asked me to make them things. So Brandywine Boutique was born.

I think my style is Natural History Museum meets Fairy God Mother. I love having grungy with a sprinkle of glitter. One of my favorite things to do with paper is age it. I love combining all kinds of recipes and techniques to get an aged look. I am always experimenting with it. My favorite color combinations to use is robins egg blue, sea green, and chocolate. And of course I love all the sepia tones of old paper. I just Love the antique drawings and plates of bugs, animals, and plants. I like to recreate that in my work. You will find a lot of birds, nest, and eggs in my work. I am just amazed at the unique shapes, colors, and textures of bird eggs.
Along with my ETSY shop I have a booth at an Antique mall called Classic Collections. I sell my paper crafts along with trash to treasure things and furniture I redo. Its how I support my junking habit.

I am really happy to be a part of this great group! I can’t wait to get to know everyone else better.

~Brandi~


{ Shop Details }
To purchase Brandy's fabulous "Natural" Vintage creations, please stroll on over to her ETSY shop! I am in awe of Brandy creative mind... I frequent her shop often for a walk on the prettiest nature trail you have ever seen :) She is always creating something new and fresh and has the most fabulous eye for bringing beauty out of things in nature. Take a look at her amazing booth display! Wish I could whisk away and take a ponder in person :)
Have a Blessed, Safe and Refreshing Holiday!
Warmest Blessings,
Amy