Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Featured Artist - Dreaming of Castles




{ About the Artist }

Hello I am Lyneen; I live in the Pacific Northwest with my wonderful husband, Mike, of seven years and our absolutely spoiled schnauzers Dixie and Daisy. We are fortunate to have my dear father-in-law with us… he cooks dinner every night!!! What more could a girl ask for. My husband has the garage with a race car and I have a room I call “My Place” where I create. I work fulltime in human resources and teach classes at my local scrapbook store. In my free time my father-in-law and I go to antique stores, always on the look out for buttons, lace, ephemera and anything else for my crafting!

My mother was and still is very artistic; as we grew up we always made gifts for our grandparents. Creating things was part of life at a very young age… sometimes people refer to me as the MacGyver of paper. I can make almost anything with paper.

I now am an avid Stamper and Scrapper. Rubber stamping has been a love of mine before rubber stamping was popular. I am the proud owner of thousands of stamps! When I go on vacation I research where the closest stamp, scrap or craft stores are to our destination; then plan my days accordingly. Isn’t that what vacations are about… visiting all of the stamp, scrap or craft stores within a hundred mile radius of any destination! Like many my style has evolved over time. Vintage has got to be my all time favorite.

I am flattered to be apart of this group of such amazing artists!
Lyneen
{ Dreaming of Castles }
Lyneen does not currently have a shop.. but I am encouraging her to think about it! When I saw her blog, I became a fast admirer of her dreamy, lush vintage style with cottage flair. If you want a custom order, Lyneen would be glad to accommodate your request! Please email her at ljesse@wavecable.com
Cheers :)
Amy