Sunday, November 2, 2008

{ Show and Tell Sunday }


I am excited to be joining my first Show & Tell Sunday! I always look forward to what my Son's will choose for their Show and Share at school (I have a 5 and a 4 year old)...so it's exciting to share with them what I would choose for my Sharing moment! Although it doesn't seem like they are as excited as when they choose batman or a snake book, my son's elephant collection, lol! Hopefully when my 2 year old daughter gets older she will appreciate mommy's sharing time :-).

I chose to share my vintage depression ware collection. All photos are taken in my hutch. Which is on my "to do list" to paint it WHITE! I received my first Depression piece right after my Nana passed away (my great grandmother). She came over from England with her husband (my great grandfather) to make a new life and she was such an important part of shaping who I am today. She never got her driver's license, yet had no problem hitching a ride with others to go shopping, flea marketing etc. My first piece was a pink serving dish with such beautiful and intricate details. I still remember the moment my grandmother gave it to me, I cried and treasured it so very much. At that moment I was hooked!

One of my favorite pieces - a juicer. I have used it for lemons,works great!
On the top shelf of my hutch - all depression ware.
Another favorite - salt and pepper shakers
I almost have a complete set for 12 in the pink. I just need 11 more plates, they have been harder to find than the rest. Does anyone know where I can find them?
I was blessed also to have inherited my Mother-in-Laws collection. (She went to Heaven after a long battle with Ovarian cancer at the young age of 48) I didn't even know she had a collection and when it was passed onto me, I completely broke out in tears to find out that one of the sets matched the serving dish that was my Great Grandmothers. That was confirmation for me that they were in the right home, this collection means so much to me...
Thank you for taking the time to let me share a piece of me and my family history. I can't wait to blog hop around to see others!
Warmest Blessings,
Amy Sutter