Saturday, September 27, 2008

{ Featured Artist - Staffordshire Garden Designs }



Background graphics from the Graphic Fairy

{ About the Artist }

Before writing this , I read all of the previous artists featured on Aged Vintage Papier and would like to say that I am honored to be mentioned among such creative and talented souls. My name is Shari Replogle , owner of Staffordshire Garden Designs. My family has lived in beautiful Northern Kentucky for the past 7 ½ years. My husband and I were both born and raised in California ,as were 2 of our 3 children.
My Mother was the most creative individual I have ever met, and my grandmother was a professional artist . I loved making things with my Mother since I was very little , and when I was older , my Mother , Grandmother, and I, loved getting together and creating anything and everything.
I have been in the antiques field for almost 20 years. About 6 years ago after the birth of my daughter, I found a way to join two of my passions, creating , and vintage heirlooms. All my collections of tiny vintage objects and finds, hiding away neatly in drawers, could now be showcased in my new found art. Collage, soldered art jewelry, Broken china jewelry, vintage found jewelry, mosaic, and my favorite, just playing with vintage papers (which explains my blog name “plays with paper“). I love to learn and discover new techniques to preserve and enjoy vintage objects ,especially vintage paper items. My favorite things in my studio include huge collections of vintage wallpaper, Victorian magazines, vintage photos and postcards.
I have been honored to have some of my artwork featured in Somerset Studios and Somerset Holidays publications. I enjoy teaching workshops on soldered charms locally, and am currently in the process of revamping the Staffordshire Garden Web site and Etsy stores. I also have my jewelry in several specialty boutiques around the country. I feel so blessed for everything I am able to do every day, being a Mom of 3 wonderful children ,and in creating my artwork . I often wish there were 12 more hours in every day, and I have never been bored in my life. I am easily sidetracked however ,with new processes or projects, and new vintage finds.
My latest adventure is that I was invited to do the “Pasadena Bead and Design Show” in August. I do several shows a year hear locally in the Mid West, but have not yet attempted to travel across the country to do a show. I am excited about the challenge , and can’t wait to see the show.
I hope to always keep learning , and am honored to be a part of Aged Vintage Papier and so many inspiring talents.

Shari

{Shop Details}

To browse Shari's dreamy website and blog featuring her beautiful and unique handmade jewelry - click below!
You won't be disappointed! Tres Chic!
Staffordshire Garden Designs

http://www.staffordshiregarden.com/
http://www.playswithpaper.blogspot.com/

Have a fabulous weekend!
Amy Sutter