Monday, June 2, 2008

{ Featured Artist - Esprit * D'Art }






{About the Artist}
A married mother of two older sons, I’m entering the second half of life with gusto and open spirited energy. I’ve done the things I had set out to accomplish in that first half of life and the road is mine again, to be and to do as I wish. At this moment I’m consumed with writing, my art journal and creating cards and collages. With a recent and addictive interest in ATCs!
I’ve loved art since I was a little girl, always with a coloring book and crayons, paper dolls, paper and pencils, sketchpads, water colors, pastels, a spirograph and an etch-a-sketch. I doodled on all of my notebooks at school and while I was always creative and interested in color, design and pattern, I did not follow this up for a degree. I’ve reached the stage in my life where I am self-taught with everything I try and feel no need to acquire a degree. I’m not sure there’s time in my day to fit in regular classes, though I am going to be taking an on-line class with artist Paulette Insall at the end of June which I am very much looking forward to.
I love shabby chic and vintage, I love French and English country cottage décor. I find I am drawn repeatedly to the same patterns, textures, colors, images and within this, I am still trying to define my “style”.
I enjoy creating for myself and for my etsy shop and within the next few months my goal is to expand to fulfill and even bigger dream. I have recently been asked to become part of a design team that I admire which is an honour and a stepping stone towards my growth and potential. I am proud to be a member of the Aged Vintage Papier team and have recently become a member of the Etsy Cottage Style Street Team where in both places I have had the honor and privilege of meeting other wonderful artists.

{Shop Details}
I usually talk about art at this point... but in this blog I will start by speaking of the person behind the art. Sherry has a way of blessing and touching everything in her path... I can't quite recall how long I have known Sherry but she seems as though she is a life time friend. Not just to me, but hundreds of bloggers that are in her path of sunshine. She has lifted my own personal creative spirit countless of times with her words of inspiration and encouragement. Her art is a reflection of her soul and what a beautiful one it is. Please join me as we now encourage an amazing asset in the Blogging and Etsy community by placing a comment below and better yet go shopping here and visit her blog above.
Warmest Summer Blessings,
Amy Sutter
P.S. Sherry will be hosting our very first blog giveway coming soon!