Wednesday, March 5, 2008

{ Featured Artist - Melanie C. Designs }





{ About the Artist }


Hi!
My name is Melanie and I live in Kansas with my VERY scrapbook-supportive husband, Kyle, our two teen-age (oh, heaven help us!!) boys, Kyler and Connor and our two dogs, Bodacious and Riley Ray. I began scrapbooking more than ten years ago. I have always had a passion for Art, to which I give full credit for to my amazingly talented and artistic parents! I started scrapbooking for the same reasons many scrappers do. I had two small children that I was literally taking photos of daily! I loved the idea of doing something really special that would last forever with all of those photos. I’m pretty sure that I was hooked immediately after finishing my very first layout. I think it was that very moment that I literally fell in love with this hobby! I spent years and years creating scrapbooking layouts late at night after my boys had gone to bed. Today, more than ten years later scrapbooking and paper crafting is such a HUGE part of my life that I really can not imagine myself not doing this! (I don’t care what they say…I really do plan to take all of my papers and supplies with me when I go, so I can do this in my next life as well!)

Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting have brought so many wonderful things into my life. Ranking right up there at the top would have to be the amazing opportunity (aka: LUCK!) I have had to design for several major scrapbooking manufactures. I have been designing for K & Company for eight years now! Working with them has allowed me to travel all over the United States working and teaching at conventions, expos and scrapbooking stores. They are like family to me. I love this company, their product and the people so much!

After working more than 22 years for a large company in a job that had absolutely nothing at all (zip-nadda!) to do with any of my interests, I left that job a year ago to do what I love most! I now design full time for K & Company and myself! In addition to my design work, I am still teaching classes locally and I recently opened my own on-line shop where I sell my finished paper goods. ( http://www.strawberryhill.etsy.com/.) I have a real passion for card making. I love he instant gratification aspect of card making. I love that you can start and finish…with out hours or days spent on the project!

I could spend a whole day coming up with reasons of why I love to scrapbook and do paper crafting. One of those reasons would actually be that I love the beginning process of just choosing the materials that I want to use. I can easily see in my mind what I want and make it happen. Some people have a keen fashion sense and love to create fabulous clothing ensembles. (me, not so much, just give me a t-shirt and jeans any day), but I do LOVE choosing all of the materials to use in paper crafting projects. The gathering, the coordinating, the mix-it-up and planning it all out! I am opening a second Etsy shop on March 3rd where I will be doing just that… hand-selecting the perfect items for card making kits! (http://www.cardmakingboutique.etsy.com/) I feel so blessed to have found this hobby ten years ago!!


Melanie

{ Shopping Details }

If you adore layers of paper, embellishments, 3D stickers, more embellishments!! Did I say embellishments?!?! Then you need to shop here! When I first laid eyes on Melanie's shop, I knew she would make a great addition to Aged Vintage Papier. Each item she creates is composed of several layers of trendy papers, 3D stickers, buttons, gems, ribbon, glitter and flowers. With a versatile selection of unique cards, tags, pre-made scrapbook pages and albums... Her style is classy with clean-lines. She also has a keen eye in the placement of each of the elements in her art, simply delicious! Please also check out her blog Melanie C. Designs !

Have a great day!

Amy