Monday, February 11, 2008

{ Featured Artist - Scrap and Stamp }





{ About the Artist }

Hi,
My name is Isabelle NORRIS. I was born and raised in France but have been living in south-east England for the past 11 years with my husband and our three children.
I started crafting 8 or 9 years ago but got into stamping in 2003.
I quickly became addicted to rubber stamps and inks followed by paints, gesso, gels and glazes..
I’m now a freelance tutor and demonstrator here in England and in France but will also teach in other European countries in 2008.
I like all styles, but vintage is my favourite. I enjoy making cards, ATC as much as scrapbooking, especially mini albums. My latest addiction is altered books and I can’t wait to find more time to play more.
My first book (in French) was published last year : “Les Encres, Carterie et Scrapbooking” and is about the use of Distress inks in card making and scrapbooking.
I’m on PaperArtsy and Katzelkraft DTs and I use their stamps a lot in my work. I also work for Magnolia and Embelliscrap.
I’ve recently set up a website (http://www.scrapandstamp.co.uk/) where I have gathered all my work and where I also sell stamps and embellishments.

I am really happy and honoured to be part of this community and surrounded by such talented artists. If you visit my blog or website, please leave a message. It’ll be great to hear from you!

My blog : http://isascrapandstamp.wordpress.com/
Website : http://www.scrapandstamp.co.uk/

Isabelle Norris

{ Shop Details }
Isabelle's work is a feast for the "aged" pallet. Using several mediums to create her masterpieces she is not content using just the average ink and stamp. With her paints and glazes at hand she creates rich Victorian scenes with a touch of whimsy. I am sure one can only completely understand their beauty until holding in ones hand...to touch and feel the textures she imagined into existence... Please visit her website and blog above!
Many Regards,
Amy