Monday, December 3, 2007

{ Featured Artist - Out on a Whim Studio }






{ About the Artist }

My name is Kathi Robinaugh and I am an altered artist, primitive crafter, junker, scrapbooker, wife and mother, not necessarily in that order! I have been married to Darin for 22 years, we have 4 sons, Jason 20, Jordy 17, Brody 15 and Trace 8. Darin owns a private ambulance service and I work there part-time as finance manager. We live in West Liberty, Ohio, the small town where I grew up. I have been "making things" since childhood, and began to sell my work in 1991. I have done everything from painting ceramics and wood, to sewing and stitching, and now am all about altered art! I have sold my work in shops, done some wholesale, and designed for the gift industry. I am now focusing on selling online, on etsy and ebay, and am a member of the Shabby Cottage Studio Design Team and the Lazy Day Creations Design Team. I have done projects for Country Marketplace and Merchantile Gatherings magazines, and my work has appeared on the cover of the Ohio Country Register.
I love anything old or retro looking, everything from a shabby "pink" palette, primitive browns and black, to happy aquas and reds! I enjoy taking old things and giving them a new life and purpose, or just taking a stack of papers and trims, and turning them into something unique!

Kathi Robinaugh



{ Shop Details }

Kathi style is dripping with Genuine Vintage style... She is versatile with her art offering: journals, spoon ornaments, dominoes, slide mounts, greeting cards... just to name a few! He art is so scrumptiously aged. Each piece marvelously depicts what a genuine "vintage" piece of art would look like, truly a treasure to be cherished! She ever so carefully adds her "glitter" and "glam" yet still remains to keep the genuinity factor in tact. You must visit her fabulous shops on Etsy and Ebay today!

Have an amazing week!
Amy