Monday, November 26, 2007

{ Featured Artist - A Scrappy Design }





{ About the Artist }


My name is Heather Mills and I live on a small acreage in Oklahoma City with my husband of 10 years and my 9 year old Australian Shepherd. During the day, I work full-time as an Operations Analyst for an Asset Based Lending Firm and at night and on weekends I am the proud shop owner and designer of A Scrappy Design.

I began scrapbooking in 2002 when my best friend introduced me to the craft. I was instantly addicted and a short time later I began working part-time at my local scrapbook store to support my hobby. Before long, I had accumulated enough supplies that I could have almost owned my own scrapbook supply store! In fact, my friends often came to me when they needed stuff, and still do. I no longer work at the scrapbook store due to my full-time job but I am still really good at accumulating supplies, especially paper and rubber stamps.

I began selling my creations while working at the scrapbook store. Twice a year, the owner would have what she called a Make-N-Take day where a selected few would create scrapbook page kits to sell. After working at the store for a few months, she invited me to create some kits to sell. I put together 30 kits of 10 different page designs and they sold out before the end of the day! Since then, I have done a lot of custom work including albums, birthday and wedding invitations, and have recently had an influx of orders on place cards.

I am excited to be part of a community that shares my interest in creating with paper, ink and other mediums. I am inspired each and every time I log on and hope to get to know many of you. If you would like to get to know me more, please stop by and visit my website (which links to my Etsy shop, blog, and photo gallery).

Heather
http://www.ascrappydesign.com/


{ Shop Details }

To visit Heather's "aged" shop click here! When I visit her shop, I am welcomed by warm colors with lots of deep red! Red is certainly Heather's trademark color. I love how she brings life to the timeless color in so may different uses. Accented by her wonderful inking technique, you will surely find something to fill your indulgences! Her style is unique and original ~ she offers fabulous place cards and invitations, great for a Holiday event - Place your custom order today!
To visit Heather's Blog click here.
Have a Wonderful Week!
Amy :)